Friday, August 28, 2015

Travel Tips



I get a lot of questions about this so I wanted to just address on my blog– staying healthy while traveling! It’s so easy to throw off your plan entirely when you’re on-the-go – but you don’t have to!

Here are some of the ways I stay on track while traveling:

Go in with a plan. If you go into it thinking that you’ll try to stay on track, but whatever happens happens – oh, it’ll happen! Trust me, I’ve been there! If you know you’ll be hitting up your favorite restaurant, plan your cheat meals ahead of time. Plan your workouts to fit into your schedule – bring DVDs, bands, whatever you need to make it happen.

Bring/stock up on healthy foods. I don’t go anywhere without almonds, Quest bars, Ezekiels, water, shakes, and peanut butter. Honestly, nowhere. I will bring string cheese, Greek yogurt, and sliced peppers in a little cooler as well. It might sound crazy, but it helps!

HYDRATE, hydrate, hydrate. In my personal experience, traveling oftentimes involves adult beverages. Sometimes. Maybe. All the time. I don’t know – either way, make sure your drinking water, too. Drink it as soon as you wake up, before meals, and before you go to bed. Your body and skin will thank me.

Make a few great playlists. For the ride or plane trip, obviously. And you might even get all hyped up to get a sweat in.



I think that’s all I've got for now! What are your tips for staying on track while traveling?! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts J


Speaking of traveling, Harlow and I are road tripping this weekend to see some of our favorites – snacks in tact and ready to go! Thanks for checking in! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment