Friday, September 11, 2015

'Weighing In'


                    

I did it the other day. The unthinkable. Stepped on the SCALE! Dun dun dunnnn. For me, weighing myself is ‘triggering’ – and so I don’t do this often. I also don’t advise my challengers or clients to rely on the scale either. And here is why.


The best and most important point here is that – The scale does not define you. You are and will always be more than a number on a scale. I know that for myself – it’s a control kind of thing – and it takes me unhealthy places. So I just rarely do it - I rely on other things to check my progress. 


The number changes – a lot. If you are going to weigh yourself, do it once a week – before eating – and at the same time of day at each weigh in. Weighing yourself multiple times a day/week is excessive and causes more harm (and stress!) than good.


Muscle mass is cool. Seriously. If you’re building muscle, you may not see a big change on the scale – but you’re still making a lot of progress!

 


Things you can do instead!


Base your ‘weight’ on how your clothes fit. Are your clothes feely baggy? More snug? Watch your diet and exercise according to these changes.


Progress pictures! Take them once a week. Refer to previous weeks and see the changes you’re making. Give yourself a pat on the back.


Check your energy levels. You know when you eat like crap, you feel like crap. If you are feeling sluggish, you know you need to switch up your nutrition and get your sweat on! Do it!


Calipers. If you are serious about checking your body fat percentage, you can use calipers. I can go into detail about how - just ask! 




That’s all for today – let me know if you have any questions! Thanks for checking in !  XO


No comments:

Post a Comment