Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Workout Wednesdays





Today's topic: Cardio vs. Weight Training

Probably one of the questions that I get asked most is – weights or cardio? There are a lot of variations to this answer (and a lot of debate!) but the truth is, no matter what your goals are – BOTH!

I used to be an absolute cardio freak – doing Insanity for an hour a day and then running for an additional hour. I would usually add an ab session – totaling my daily workouts to 2 ½ hours, and my body was still not where I was hoping to be.

After Harlow was born, I started weight training two times a week. At first, I was hardly incorporating cardio at all. When I would, it was just my long runs to clear my head. I wasn’t getting ‘bulky,’ but my body was getting the definition I had always wanted.

Now, I am still weight training (four times a week), incorporating more cardio (21 Day Fix = love!), and HIIT cardio. I am stronger and my endurance has improved dramatically.

SO – You can see that I have changed up my routine quite a bit – but if you are looking for a healthy routine, you should be incorporating both weights and cardio. If you are just starting out, try two days of weight training a week and 3-5 days of cardio. You can adjust accordingly depending on your goals! Feel free to contact me if you need more help!



No comments:

Post a Comment