Monday, July 13, 2015

Tough Love Monday


I’m putting my game face on while writing this post and I hope this message is received well! I love what I do. I am so passionate about health and fitness and I love sharing that with others – motivating them to make healthy changes and helping them to reach their health and fitness goals. The thing is, I can’t actually work out for you, prep your food, or eat clean for you. Don’t get me wrong, I would, I totally would. But I can’t.

I talk to so many people who have an end goal in mind, but don’t have the time, motivation, or drive to get there. Like all things in life, it takes WORK. You can’t expect change without MAKING changes and putting in the time. A lot of people don’t want hear this, but it’s so true. Also, setting unrealistic expectations and goals sets us up for disappointment – but we can touch on that with another blog post!

This tough love goes for myself, too. Sometimes I get so discouraged, but I have to step back and realize that I am the only one keeping myself from reaching my goals. I’ll fall off the clean-eating wagon and expect my body to continue to make changes – and it won’t. I have the choice to get down on myself and continue to eat unhealthy and be lazy with my workouts – or I can get off my butt and work for it. It’s a lot easier to workout and eat vegetables than it is to wake up every morning, unhappy with what I look and feel like.

It may take a few months, a year, a few years – but you’ve got to start somewhere.  You aren’t going to get where you want to be by remaining where you are. I’m NOT saying this to be mean or pushy, I’m saying this because you are capable of SO many things! Stop doubting yourself, stop worrying about the amount of time it will take to get there or what people will think of you. Get out of your comfort zone, push yourself, go for it – You wont regret it, I promise.



“If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment