Sunday, June 28, 2015

Avocado Chickpea Sandwiches

So I changed up my recipe slightly (based on my audience !)– and have two variations – the Avocado Chickpea Salad Sandwich and the Spicy Chicken & Chickpea Salad Sandwich. I do this thing where I don’t measure anything at all – but I tried to put a measurement to each ingredient so HERE GOES! The recipe takes about fifteen minutes to throw together – easy peasy.


Avocado Chickpea Salad Sandwiches//yields approx. 4 sandwiches


-       2 medium avocados
-       ½ lime
-       2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
-       ½- ¼ teaspoon salt + pepper
-       1 ¾ cups cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
-       sprouts - optional
-       onion - optional


Spicy Chicken & Chickpea Salad Sandwich
-       1 can white chicken
-       1 ½ teaspoon Sriracha
-       1 teaspoon garlic hummus
-       onion - optional



Cut the avocado into cubes and place into food processor. Pulse a few times, scraping the sides. Squeeze the lime and add the salt + pepper + olive oil. Continue pulsing until it reaches a thick consistency – not chunky, but not totally pureed. Add onion and stir it up!




(Not the best food photog, bear with me here!)



Mash the chickpeas in a large mixing bowl. I used a whisk to mash them up – you want them to be about half-mashed. Mix the chickpeas and avocado mix – and you’re sandwich ready! These would be great on Ezekiel muffins or wrapped up in lettuce – I made them on flatbreads. I like the texture the sprouts add - but you can add whatever toppings you would like! And as for the Chicken variation - even easier - add all into a bowl and mix!



No comments:

Post a Comment